Just got back from dropping Jana off at the airport. Oliver wass a bit clingy and wouldn't really let her hold him. It made me sad that he didn't understand what was going on and couldn't give her a real goodbye hug/kiss. I think there was just too much commotion going on and he hadn't napped this morning either (I swear its because he could sense something was up). I tear'd up when we said goodbye - she really did become a member of the family. Highlight of the airport trip for Oliver was riding the moving walkway & escalators.
We have plans to skype with Jana later this week. I don't think Oliver is really going to "get it" until there is a stranger living in Jana's room. We have a framed photo of her in Oliver's room - so his "Ja" is always close by.

No comments:
Post a Comment