Friday, July 12, 2013

Hershey Happiness

My 2 day/1 night business trip to Hershey was a perfect one for Oliver and an au pair to tag along on.  I will definitely figure out a way to get our new au pair (and/or Omi) with some of the kids to come along next year.  Since this is a golf-centric event, the conference itself wraps up by noon each day, leaving me with my afternoons free.  Not only is Hershey Park across the street, but they have lots of great amenities on site at the hotel as well. 
 
On Monday, I dropped Oliver & Jana off at Hershey Park, literally across the street from the hotel, on my way to the conference.  After Oliver had had enough of the kiddie rides, and was in need of some time out of the heat (and a nap), I went and got him.  Jana stayed behind to ride some of the rollercoasters and took the shuttle back to the hotel after she was done.  We had dinner together and once Oliver was tucked in bed, I left Jana to surf the internet, while I went down to the bar to do some networking.  



On Tuesday, Oliver & Jana hung around on the hotel grounds.  Our room had a balcony that faced out towards the indoor pool (and smelled like it), which delighted Oliver.  He spent over a 1.5hrs in the indoor kiddie pool during the morning.  I happened to bump into them in the hallway at some point, while Jana was taking a photo of Oliver with one of the chocolate characters.  They both joined me for a very informal lunch with an industry contact (we alternated playing "I spy" and talking shop, which was interesting).  Then, Oliver & I headed to the outdoor pool, while Jana went to the nearby outlets.  We stuck around for the evening reception and Oliver, despite no nap, charmed the socks off of everyone initiating handshakes and asking people their names.  It was adorable! 
 
 

No comments: