Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Less Cute

In just the last day or two, we have started to see the less-cute side of Oliver's blossoming personality.  Yesterday afternoon, he was biting when you did something he didn't like.  I hadn't noticed it sooner, but Jana informed us he had been doing that last week as well.  How many times has he tried to bite me and I have thought it was a kiss???  So, now we are faced with our first discipline dilemma. 

This morning, Oliver had his first temper tantrum - tears and all.  Usually, when he is getting into something you don't want him playing with, you can re-direct/distract him with something else.  Today, when he tried to get into the toilet, I gave him a plastic container to play with instead and closed the toilet lid.  He was not a happy boy - you'd have thought he was hurt the way he was carrying on! 

No comments: