Diaper changes have gotten more difficult lately, as Oliver likes to turn over mid-change. This seems to be a problem for Adam more often than for Jana and I. We usually just make sure he is entertained with a toy before starting, but for some reason, this method doesn’t work for Adam. Yesterday, Adam decided to do a quick change on the floor (since Oliver was doing back flips on the changing table) only to find out mid-change that it was a poopie diaper! Luckily, I was close by and able to help.
This morning, Adam went down this morning to handle the morning diaper change. Lately, Oliver has been waking up between 5:30-6:30am and will go back to sleep after a quick change (yeah!!!). Adam came up and said that Oliver had flipped over to a crouching position, midchange, and had then fallen asleep. Adam didn’t know what to do - Wake him up to finish zipping him?? And risk him staying awake for good??? I don't think so! So, he put Oliver back in his crib as is. Lately, we have both been leaving the house while Oliver & Jana are both still asleep (awesome for everyone). I knew Jana was going to be plenty puzzled at the sight of Oliver when she got him and I was glad we were still home when it happened. Oliver woke up again just as Adam and I were leaving. Jana stood with him at the top of the stairs - Oliver was unzipped, so you could see his body in his undershirt and his one leg wasn’t even in the Pjs. It was quite a sight!
When I emailed back and forth with her later, Jana said she thought we had forgotten to do the snap on the top of the Pjs last night and Oliver had figured out how to unzip them and was in the process of taking off the whole outfit – thankfully, that wasn’t the case!
No comments:
Post a Comment