Yesterday was Oliver's first day at daycare. Adam & I walked him over together and I met Katharina at lunch to walk her through the pick-up routine. Oliver is going for two mornings/week (T-Th). Adam & I will alternate drop-offs and Katharina will pick him up.
Oliver was very suspect while we were getting ready. "Why is the whole house up and getting ready to leave at 7am???" He calmed down a bit once we got his shoes on and he knew he was coming with us. It was the perfect weather for a leisurely, family stroll (the 1.75mi I will walk to daycare/ work won't be as much fun during inclement weather!)
We were the first family to drop off, which was good (less overwhelming) for Oliver. He was put at ease once he saw a slide and steering wheel (!!!). We quietly ducked out without a big production (resisting the urge to give big goodbye snuggles). I was told afterwards that once Oliver realized we were missing he walked to the door and kept saying "All Done".
Katharina and I got there a bit early and the kids were still having lunch. It was so cute to see 7-10 kids sitting around the mini-table together. We got a report from class (as we will every day) and they had circled "Busy, cooperative, and curious" to describe Oliver. As luck would have it, Tuesdays are Gymnastics Class. They put down tumbling mats in the main room and have gymnastic teachers come and do activities with the kids. We got to meet the gymnastic teachers as pick up and they said that Oliver was in heaven! What a great first day!!!
The daycare Oliver is going to just opened (their center city branch) in June and new kids are continually being Adam. Valentina, Oliver's girlfriend from music class, and the friends we went strawberry picking with, will also be going T/Thu starting soon, so Oliver will have a friend in class.
1 comment:
So glad it went well!! Miss you guys and thanks again for babysitting our house.
Post a Comment