Saturday, July 21, 2012

Hospital photos

Life with twins has been crazy-busy (I guess I shouldn't have expected anything less), so I am just now getting around to posting (LOTS of) photos from when the babies were first born. 

This was the photo we sent around to friends and family to announce Alex (R) & Lukas's (L) arrival. 
It was an uneventful surgery - such a different experience from what we endured the first time around.  Oliver got wisked into an adjacent room the moment he was born and it was scary for a couple of minutes until they brought him back.  Then after a brief photo op he was sent down to the NICU.  This time, they cleaned up both boys and handed them over almost immediately.  They were with me in recovery and spent a short time in the nursery getting cleaned up before meeting us on the maternity floor. 

I'm not a fan of sharing Mommy-right-after-birth photos.  Here is a photo of Adam with the boys. 
My mom came down to help out and arrived while I was still in recovery.  It was a big help having an extra set of hands to take care of me, the twins, and Oliver. 

First thing Wednesday morning, Oliver came to meet his brothers.  It was a little scary for us watching how he touched them, but he handled it really well and didn't seem to have any jealousy issues. 





This is our first family photo!
In the afternoon, Grandma and Pop-pop came to visit the boys and then stopped by the house to visit Oliver.  It seems they were awfully busy that afternoon, getting ready for our arrival home and enjoying dinner at one of our favorite local joints. 



On Thursday, my mom spent the better part of the day with me at the hospital and while Adam was at home giving some TLC to Oliver.  Mom and I had a blast together - of course, we did a baby photoshoot!  I was happy to get a nice photo of me with the boys that I could send around to work people, post online, etc.




1 comment:

Jen said...

yay! cute babies!!! thx for all the photos!