Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Back to Blogging: Highlight Reel: Part 1

Eek - I've only posted once since late March!  We're alive and everyone is doing well.  I've been putting off getting back to the blog mainly because of all the catch-up posts I would need to write to get back on track.  In the interest of being able to post regularly again, this post will be Post 1 (April/May) of a two-part "Highlight Reel".

We celebrated Easter at the SSC - the event was nicely low-key and the boys had fun at the Easter Egg hunt (they were the only participants).





Our first Au Pair, Jana came with her boyfriend to visit. 

We celebrated Oliver's 5th birthday with a low-key lego birthday party at home.  I made the cake!  We had two friends from school and Philly/Dickinson friends at the party in addition to our "cousin friends".  Bill/Nathan and Nicole/Devon slept over the night before - it was fun having all the cousins together, but boy is it chaotic and noisy!  We sent each kid home with a lego-travel kit.  We use ours all the time!







Oliver's favorite present was this ninja-turtle shell that he was wearing back and forth to preschool and even sleeping in.  It was such a big hit that Alex and Devon each got one too (mainly to stop the tears/fights).
  
In late April, we did a daytrip to Ocean City, NJ with my friend who has a son as old as the twins (she has a little girl too).  They didn't last long, but my kids were still in good spirits, so we hit the rides and got some ice cream before heading back to the city.  The weather was perfect and the kids had a blast.  I attracted a lot of attention on the boardwalk with the double-kettler stroller and Oliver alongside me on his bike!





In early May, Adam and I did our annual weekend away with college friends - this time in Cape May.


Oliver has been keeping busy this Spring.  While the twins are in preschool on Friday mornings, he has been taking swimming lessons.  On Friday afternoons, he has been taking soccer.  I was bummed that I signed up too late to enroll the twins, since Oliver had started right as he turned two, but I think it was for the best that we hadn't paid for them, as they didn't really show much interest and were happy enough playing in the dirt of the nearby baseball diamond. 



I would normally meet Lena at the park for handoff and take the kids out of the pizza on our way back home. 

Adam had two extended golf trips this Spring and in preparation was playing golf on Saturday mornings, so I was keeping busy with the boys off on "Family Adventures".  Here are some from our day at the aquarium - the first trip without a solo.  Big milestone! 




Mothers Day wasn't particularly delightful in our house, with generally uncooperative kids.  Don't they get that they are supposed to be well-behaved on certain holidays???  Nope!  Lena and I went shopping (so I could escape the madness).  Everyone was in better spirits as dinnertime neared, so we decided to be brave and take the crew out.  Thankfully, everyone was well-behaved.  Legos helped!




My term as Chair of the SHARE Committee for the Junior League ended in May.  Our last event was a container gardening event.  The event fell on the same day as an Open House that Nicole & I were organizing at the SSC, so Adam and Alex headed directly to the SSC and Lukas & Oliver came volunteering with me, before heading up to the SSC around lunchtime.  Unfortunately, this plan didn't work as well as I had envisioned, as Lukas spent the whole time howling/demanding to go to the bungalow.  
 




















At the end of May, Oliver's school had a spring concert.  It was full of cuteness.  I brought my nice camera, but no SD card, so I don't have good photos.  Afterwards, we took Oliver out for a special dinner without the boys.




No comments: