Sunday, September 20, 2015

Highlight Reel: June

June seems like so long ago!  We spent a weekend early in the summer at home in Philly.  There is a park close to our house that has a small splash-pad, so we went there after work on Friday.  I don't know why, but all of our kids are fearful of water.  Oliver has fun sticking his butt in water jets and Alex will put his hands in the water streams, but doesn't really get wet.  Lukas runs around the outside, and only gets wet if I pick him up and run through holding him.  I wish I could have more fun with these guys in the pool and at places like this, but that just doesn't seem to be in the cards for us right now.  Hopefully, as they get older, and have some positive peer pressure from friends, this is something they overcome. 

Oliver and I also went to Spruce Harbor Park to go rollerblading.  I was so proud of Oliver's persistence.  He really wanted rollerskates (from the rental booth), but was a trooper and continued to practice on his inline skates.  It was fun having some one-on-one time with him and this outing gave me confidence that Oliver will be ready to try skis this winter.

While we waiting to get on the rink, we hung out and played games and had a bite to eat (this is the same place that we came with Devon & Nicole last winter.  Maybe next time, we'll get the boys on ice skates.  

During Adam's second extended golf outing, me and the boys headed to Jersey for the weekend to camp out at the bungalow.  On our way up, we stopped at Nicole's to help out, since she and Devon were on Preston-duty, while the rest of the family moved Robin into her new house (while Sergio was in Philly during the eye radiation seclusion -- what timing).  Bill & Julie came over later with Nathan (no photos of them though).  And the boys had a lot of fun running around and going in the pool...



The boys took a much needed nap on the carride to the SSC and I "may" have stopped for Dairy Queen on the way :-)  but there was no evidence (I got a cone!).  Yummy!


Now that the twins are bigger, we are less reliant on the wagon, which is awesome, because it means I can pile it high with stuff!  The water was pretty cold, but we happily camped out at the pool and enjoyed having the place to ourselves.



The boys were so well behaved and had a lot of fun -- at the pool, hanging out at the clubhouse, and even playing largely unchaperoned on the deck.  What a difference a year can make!



My Sunday morning activity in the summer with the boys (while Adam sleeps) is to take them out to breakfast.  We alternate between the Chester Diner and Flanders Bagel. They know the routine at each place and the outings are completely manageable.



A park around the corner from our house hosts different family activities every Wednesday in June.  Once they had a fire truck come and the kids got to splash in the hose water (mine just held the house, didn't really play), once they had everyone bring bikes and they biked around the neighborhood, and another time they did a weird Halloween theme, including some trick-or-treating in the neighborhood -- I thought it was odd, but all of us love an excuse to dress up!


No comments: