Yesterday, on his 17mo birthday, Oliver surprised us all by starting to put nouns & verbs together to form mini-sentences. After dinner, we were at our friends' house down the street. Oliver & I were hanging out downstairs as they put the lil' guy to bed. When it got quiet on the monitor, they came downstairs and Oliver said very matter-of-factly "Baby sleeping". Wow!!!
Then, when I got home, Oliver & I were sitting on his rocker getting him dressed and he asked "Daddy Coming?" as he heard Adam on the steps. It was pretty crazy! This morning, one of the first things out of his mouth was "Daddy Going?" We have gotten the occasional "more eat" both verbally and signing, but it was as if a lightbulb had turned on and he figured out how to make himself better understood. Now if only he would learn to use the word Poop without prompting -- it would be so nice for him to tell us, instead of us always having to "discover" one lurking.
Today, Oliver entered a very-toddler phase -- the "No-phase". That was the answer to everything from the minute we got home from work until bedtime. It happened literally overnight. When the real answer to a question was Yes, he would think for a moment after his inital No to correct himself. I'm afraid this new-favorite word is here to stay.
1 comment:
yep - snaps right on doesn't it! prepare for the non stop mind-blowing! soon he'll be killing you like 10 times a day (or more)
Post a Comment