On Wednesday, Oliver started soccer camp. I was so glad I tagged along because Oliver had an absolute blast! I was worried he was going to be the kid in the corner staring at the grass disinterested in the group, but that wasn't the case at all. You can tell that he's one of the youngest, as he doesn't really follow directions, but he is having the time of his life. He was much more outgoing than he normally is in music class or gymanstics. Pauline's theory (which I happen to agree with) is that this has something to do with the fact that this class is taught by two men, compared to the other classes, which are usually female-led. Oliver has long preferred men - more willing to let them hold him and always stopping to talk to men, but almost never women, on the street.
Friends of Pauline & Oliver (another German au pair and the child she cares for) are also in the class, which will be nice for all four of them.
Notice that Oliver is the only kid that doesn't have a ball he is either kicking or holding - he was just so happy to RUN!
No comments:
Post a Comment