Call us crazy, but we thought it would be a good idea to take the boys apple picking this weekend! Oliver had gotten us up at 5:45am that morning, after having been a challenge at bedtime the night before, making it the first family outing that I wasn't looking forward to and wanted to bail on. Of course, you can't cancel plans that you have been hyping to a toddler, so we loaded everyone up and set off with low expectations. We had invited Pauline to join us, and I was a bit worried about how exactly we would manage when she (wisely) decided to stay home.
Lo & behold, all three boys were super cooperative and we had a really nice family day! Adam had Alex in the Ergo baby carrier, I had Lukas in the sling, and Oliver rode in the wagon with our apple baskets. We were quite a sight once we had to abandon the wagon. Adam had the diaper bag, and Alex, while carryinhg 40lbs of apples, while I had Lukas in the sling and Oliver on my shoulders.... too bad there's no photo of that!
Once we got to the area of the orchard where we were going to pick apples, we took the babies out and laid them on a blanket while Adam and I alternated picking apples with Olivers. Oliver eat 3 apples in under an hour - he was in heaven! He did a great job picking apples and gently placing them in our containers.
| Two-fisting! |
| My favorite photo of the day! |
After we were done picking, we headed down to Linvilla's main market area. We had promised Oliver a hayride and a chance to pick out a pumpkin. We knew it would be crowded, but could not believe the amount of people that were there. I had completely forgotten that when we were there two years ago, we went on a Friday - what a difference! Oliver was a real trooper while we waited in line over 20min for the hayride. Afterwards, we quickly grabbed a few small pumpkins and got out of there! I really wanted a photo op of the babies laying among pumpkins, but it was such a mob scene I was never going to be able to pull that off. No playing on the playground or enjoying hot apple cider this year either.
| Our only family photo from the day |
After nap Oliver's nap, we painted pumpkins together. He was so cute as we did the photo shoot - as I was taking this picture he said "Smile Pumpkins!"
2 comments:
What?!?! You guys couldn't manage a photo when holding kids and apples at the same time... I really can't believe that ;)
love this pic of the four of you Heike!!
Post a Comment