Since I had such a lovely day at the beach back in March with a new friend, I decided I wanted to try and replicate it on Mother's Day with the whole family. So, we took off for a daytrip to Ocean City. I was surprised by how crowded the boardwalk was -- seems I wasn't the only one with the idea to spend the day at the beach, especially with the fabulous weather! Oliver did phenomenally well navigating the traffic on his bike - what a great kid. We had the Kettler tricycle and another ride-on/stroller thing and were quite the crew!
What a great day! Everyone was unbelievably well behaved and it was so nice to see how much the kids were enjoying the beach. Especially Lukas, who loved going into the (freezing!) water. We ended up changing him into his and Alex's spare clothes!
What a great day! Everyone was unbelievably well behaved and it was so nice to see how much the kids were enjoying the beach. Especially Lukas, who loved going into the (freezing!) water. We ended up changing him into his and Alex's spare clothes!
| heads in the middle!!! |
Alex was all smiles on the rides -- unfortunately, the lighting wasn't great, so most of my photos are blurry. Oliver and I went on a ride that the twins were too young for and they howled to join us the entire time. Cute from afar, considerably less so when you are the parent wrangling them and going deaf in the process.
On the beach, Lukas was amazing. He was so happy-go-lucky and not bothered when waves would come crashing up on him, getting him completely soaked. Alex happily spent his beach time playing with sand, and Oliver would run to the water's edge, throw a shovel full of sand in the wave, and sprint back to dry land, meanwhile, fearless Lukas was only interested in being IN the water (brrr).... it really captured their different personalities to see how each was doing a completely different activity.
No comments:
Post a Comment