Between jobs I'm carving out time each week to do fun outings with the boys. Mostly on Wednesdays, I arrange for the Nanny to start at lunchtime. She often puts them to bed that night, freeing us up for datenights, Junior league meetings, happy hours, errands, etc.
Me and the boys have been busy, busy, busy taking advantage of all the fun places around the city, including (in no particular order)...
Playing at Oliver's Daycare! About once a week I have Alex & Lukas in tow when I drop Oliver off at school, so the day often starts with playing with toys in what will be their preschool in the fall.
Chaperoning Oliver's school Fieldtrip! In late March, Oliver's class had a field trip to the Orchestra (so cool) and I got to tag along.
The Little Treehouse. Located in Chestnut Hill, this place is a bit of a hike and somewhere I like to go when I am trying to kill a lot of time and don't mind them being strapped in the car for a bit. It isn't often that we have lucked out and been on a day that the downstairs area is open. We were here on one of the first warm Saturdays in March, which meant everyone else was outside and we had the place to ourselves!!!
This is Oliver's "stern policeman" face! How cute is Alex as a puppy???
Smiths Playhouse. We have posted photos from the outdoor play area a ton, but they also have an inside playhouse for 5 and Under, which is exceedingly popular in the winter. Of course with these three, the highlight of the outing is often snack time!
Please Touch Museum. All the boys love this place. Each time we hit up the Carousel, but otherwise, mix it up a bit. The last time we were there, we were sitting the parking lot watching Elmo waiting for it to open. Good thing too, because it was just 11am when the place was too crowded for me to safely keep tabs on all three solo and we had to leave. The nice part of a membership is you never feel like its a waste to make the trip even if it gets cut short.

Jelly Bean Jungle. One day when the Nanny had off, I headed to this indoor playgym in south Jersey. Unfortunately, Lukas was still out of sorts from the stomach bug, which put a damper on things. Oliver and Alex had a blast in this room that had a projector mounted on the ceiling and different activities that were motion censored on the floor. You could play a piano, squash a frog, kick a ball -- it was pretty neat.
Pictures on my phone -- to be added soon
Nest. We have a family membership at the Nest and use the downstairs playspace pretty frequently. The boys are a pro at the slide and its nice that I can sit back and watch them and spend less time manically running from kid to kid.
Tenth Presbyterian Playgroup - a local church hosts a playground every other Wednesday and the boys love it. I know quite a few moms that also attend, though conversations are pretty choppy as everyone is chasing down their kids.

Philadelphia Zoo. Most recently, on an unseasonably cold Wednesday, me and the lil' ones met another twin mom and her kids that are just a month younger at the Zoo. Hopefully, we'll have many more adventures together this summer.

Exhausted from a day of fun! I was barely two blocks from the church and they were both passed out! It was a cold day and I thought for sure that the temperature would help me keep them awake.
Philadelphia Zoo. Most recently, on an unseasonably cold Wednesday, me and the lil' ones met another twin mom and her kids that are just a month younger at the Zoo. Hopefully, we'll have many more adventures together this summer.





















No comments:
Post a Comment