Monday, October 27, 2014

Thank Goodness for Grandparents!

Last weekend Papa & Margit had the boys and this weekend Ken & LeeAnn had them, giving Adam and I the ability to pack without little feet under foot.  The lil' boys have been talking a lot about Opa, Mormor, Pop-pop and Grandma, so it sounds like everyone had a lot of fun while they were away. Now that the boys are a bit older, and more verbal, it seems like the outing wasn't as exhausting on the grandparents as past visits (though a newly-potty trained Alex did add an extra twist).  

Opa & Mormor fed the boys lots of Pfannekuchen (crepes) that even Lukas would eat.  I'll put aside the fact that he's rejected this food the multiple times I have tried to fed them to him, and will consider it a win!  Oliver got to visit the farm down the road with Opa while the lil' ones slept - feeding carrots to the bunnies (and himself).  
The whole crew went to the pumpkin patch to pick out pumpkins, which Oliver later helped Opa carve.  What a great photo of the three boys!





Oliver will not stop talking about the tire-swing fun he had with Pop-pop.  Oliver and Pop-pop worked in the man-cave building and decorating a tractor during nap time - what a fun project!

Meanwhile, back at the ranch.... Adam and I got almost all of the packing completed!!!  So much so, that I've had to insist that Adam go hunting through boxes for items we still need for the next few days (how dare he pack up all of my tea!).  We also had movers come down Saturday - they brought us some furniture for the boys room that we needed from Jersey, as well as Adam's beloved Fussball table (which we need to figure out how to get in the basement) and took back the cribs, some dressers, and the changing table -- so excited to have kids in big-boy furniture in the new house!
You can imagine how delighted I am to have this fussball table hanging out in our dining room!


No comments: