Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Movie Night: A new family tradition

In an attempt to offset the impact of Daylight Savings Time, we let the kids stay up late (in hopes that they would sleep in on Sunday morning, yeah right) by watching a movie.  Oliver had been asking for "Planes: Fire & Rescue", so I bought it from our Disney subscription and it had just arrived.  So Saturday, we popped some popcorn, put a blanket on the floor and watched a movie together.  The kids loved it, and it has turned into a weekly event.  The little ones can mostly sit through a full movie.  A few have been deemed "scary", so it's been a challenge finding crowd-pleasers.  Adam and I are usually doing stuff around the house when the kids watch TV - I've been enjoying sitting and watching with them.  Bonus snuggles!  

Thanks to Netflix, we've watched a ton of holiday movies recently. Do you know how many different kid versions of A Christmas Carol exist?  A lot! We have seen the Muppet version, two Disney/Mickey versions, and at least one other.  



No comments: