You would never bring a camera to the hospital, because this isn't the type of experience that is really worthy of documenting. But now, in this cell-phone era, it's easy to capture all kinds of memories/ experiences, you otherwise wouldn't. Here are some of our photos from this week.
This was from Monday night, Oliver & Adam's first trip to the ER, when they got Xrays taken and sent back home.
This is what I found when I first arrived from the airport on Wednesday morning. I wanted to scoop him up so bad and smother him with kisses. After I had heard Adam give the doctors the blow-by-blow, I sent him home to sleep and I took care of Oliver until mid-afternoon when Adam returned. The poor 'lil guy spent most of the day asking to eat and it felt horrible having to constantly deny him. Of course, our MRI never did get moved up to earlier and we should have just given him something in the morning, like I had wanted to.
![]() |
| watching traffic & construction with Daddy |
Oliver was in considerably better spirits on Thursday, as we waited around (all day!) to be discharged. Katharina came to help me - it wa definitely a two-person job since Oliver was feeling better and needed to be entertained. I wasn't really able to leave the room, however, as Oliver was still (rightfully so) suspect of everyone that came in. Getting work done? Yeah right! It was a herculean effort just to get the email updates out to friends & family.
![]() |
| Trucks, books, & the busy street were our morning entertainment |
Adam had made the great suggestion on Wednesday night that I should ask for a wheelchair to take Oliver for a spin. CHOP did one better and had a wagon for us to use. It was a battle of wills to get him down for a nap, as Oliver was laser-focused on his trucks. I finally sent Katharina away, locked him up in the crib (felt like a mini-prison) and hid myself behind the curtain - he barely lasted 5mins before conking out. Oliver walked the hallway charming the nurses, saying hello to everyone, waving. He also likes saying "awesome" and "see you soon". He really knows when to turn it on.
We go to our peditrician tomorrow (Sunday) morning. We haven't really seen any improvement in Oliver's wrist since we have gotten discharged and are a bit concerned. Fingers crossed we don't have to get re-admitted for further sleuthing.





No comments:
Post a Comment