Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Christmas Cuteness Report & Sick Boy

Since the Christmas tree came down a little over a week ago, Oliver has asked "Christmas Tree?" every time we have brought him downstairs.  Poor lil' guy misses the lights.  Today, he & Pauline were playing with his Thomas Train and he took the little evergreen, announced "Christmas Tree" and put in the corner of the living room where we had kept the tree.  How darn cute is that????


In other news, I had to take him to the pediatrician this AM.  Turns out Oliver has not only the eye infection we suspected, but also an ear infection (so swollen the doc couldn't believe he hadn't been complaining more) and eczyma.  Poor kid! And here we've been complaining about how frequently he has been getting us up at night lately.  

Oliver is still just above the 10% percentile for weight - he doesn't even weigh 24lbs!  But the doc assured me that toddlers often plateau and the illness hasn't helped his appetite any.  Turns out the eye/ear infections are viral related back to when he was sick on Christmas Eve! 

The doc mentioned multiple times how impressive Oliver's vocabulary and verbal skills were.  {Beaming Mommy!}  The two of us were having trouble getting a word in, Oliver was so chatty while we were there (I wonder where he gets that from?).  He kept telling us "baby scared" because we could hear a screaming infant in the room next door.  Apparently, he is speaking at a 3year old level - I wish I could take credit, but I think that's more luck of the draw and not related to any stupendous parenting efforts.  Whatever, I'll take the credit!  Hey -its my blog, I can brag if I want to!

No comments: