Yesterday, we finally got some snow in Philly. It wasn't much (just 2 inches) and the sleet quickly turned it into a sheet of slippery ice, but we made an effort to get outside regardless. Oliver & I went the Farmers Market in the morning (our usual Saturday morning routine). I ended up having to carry him most of the way there. As soon as we hit the first unshoveled area (two doors down from us) he insisted "Carry you" (he gets his prepositions wrong). A few blocks from the house, and only halfway to the Farmers Market, I was worried that the outing was going to turn out to be a huge mistake. Thankfully, we was much more cooperative and willing to walk on the way home.
After family naptime, Pauline, Oliver, & I went outside to watch Adam clear our walkway. I love these two photos - classic Oliver expressions. All in all, Oliver wasn't a big fan of being IN the snow, he just enjoyed being around it. He spent the better part of our time outside on our front stoop. Such a shame, because I was so happy to have scored these snow pants at the Junior League Thrift Shop ($4!) and it really wouldn't have mattered what he was wearing, since he was barely in the snow.
The highlight for Oliver was being given chunks of ice by Adam to throw down on the ground and shatter.
No comments:
Post a Comment