Monday, January 23, 2012

Life is about to get MUCH more interesting....

"Adventures in Parenting" seems like a particularly appropriate name for our blog, as life is about to get MUCH more interesting around here this summer.  For those of you that may not know yet, we're expecting twins in June!!! It is fraternal boys, which makes me seriously outnumbered!  But Oliver will be in heaven, once he adjusts to the shock!

It seems, twins come, on average, 3-5weeks early, depending on which pregnancy book you read.  My due date isn't until July 8th, but full term is considered 38th weeks for twins, so my C-section will likely be the week of June 18th, assuming I can hold 'em in that long.  I'm hoping that Oliver dissinterest in ever leaving the womb works to my advantage. 

I'm 15 weeks along and managed to get out of the first trimester with symptoms that weren't much worse than the first time around.  Of course, its tough to tell if the increased exhaustion is due to chasing a toddler around or from the twins!  The babies are the size of avocados (every week I'm told a different fruit/produce they are the size of) and I have recently started to feel them kick/fight.  I'm only up about 10lbs and keep reading that the more weight I put on early on, the better the chances of the babies making it to full term.  I never knew it could be so much WORK to eat more. 

I'm not going to post pregnancy photos often, but since I wasn't showing at Christmas when we saw family, and I am now, I thought I would go ahead and do so.  Depending on what I wear, you can't even really tell that I'm pregnant, since I'm once again carrying high and tight. 

No comments: