Friday, May 18, 2012

Assorted Cuteness

Pauline just started a class at the community college that has us scrambling a bit, because she needs to leave the house, 3x/week around 5pm. Since I needed to continue working when she left, I plopped Oliver on our bed to be babysat by Bob the Builder. When I heard that the episode was done, I went back in to the bedroom to start the next one, and found Oliver "playing" with the vaseline container I keep on the nightstand. The sheet was a goner and his hands/forearms were covered! Luckily, it's only a 10min show or it could have been a real disaster!


Oliver doesn't mispronounce too many things (he's been able to say words like helicopter and motorcycle sine he was 18mo old!), so it is especially cute when he gets tripped up.  
          1) Potato - I tried saying P-P-P Potato.  Oliver replies "P-P-P Tomato!"
          2) He calls the elevator "alligator"

It's time for us to clean up our language (I know, I know, we should have already!).  Mommy taught him "what the hell!" a few weeks ago (Philly cab drivers! It's not my fault).  What cracks us up, is that he always says it in the right context.  I was working upstairs one morning while he and Pauline were playing legos in his room.  I hear the tower fall down and then a little voice exclaim "What the hell!".   Thanks to a weekend with our college friends, he has also started saying "sucks".  He doesn't really understand this word yet, so we just reply "socks"? very puzzled. 

1 comment:

Jen said...

I love how they all call it alligator. Maya has figured out how to say escalator though - so I am not sure why alligator is still hanging around! not that I am complaining. i love it :)