Tuesday, May 15, 2012

M&M 32 Week Update

On Monday, I went for my 32 week ultrasound, a non-stress test (to measure the babies activity and heart rate), and regular OB appointment.  All systems are go!  Unfortunately, starting at 34 weeks, I have a ridiculous amount of doctor appointments to look forward to, including seeing my OB every other week, a weekly ultrasound and bi-weekly non-stress tests - UGH.  Thank goodness for health insurance!  I feel like they are going a bit overboard with all this monitoring, and I will be pushing back as much as I can.  If I have nothing putting me in the high-risk category other than my twin status, is this really necessary?  They have a laundry list of things for me to monitor and I haven't experienced a single symptom.  Ease up people!

Anyway, both babies are still breech, and that doesn't look to be changing anytime soon.  Needless to say, I remain EXTREMELY uncomfortable and that's just the way things are going to be until the end.  M&M weight 4lb 2oz & 4lb 4oz - the weights are good for two reasons 1) both are above average size for 32 weeks (less good for me)   2) the difference between their weights has narrowed.  If one is growing faster than the other, it can be cause for concern.

This weekend my college friends, some of whom had come in to town for a double-birthday party, took me out to for a "Non-baby-shower" lunch (since I'm a baby shower poo-head).  I couldn't have asked for a better outing - I'm one lucky gal!


No comments: