Friday, December 7, 2012

Being the Fun Parent

I feel like I'm always the parent that is saying we can't have dessert... its time to clean up our toys.... no more TV, etc.  On Sunday morning all the boys were in a good mood and I was up for a fun project with Oliver during my "shift".  (On the weekends, Adam gets up with the boys when they first wake up and then takes a nap after I have gotten up). 

I volunteered that we would make pancakes.  I remembered we had bought containers to decorate cookies with icing, and thought they would be perfect for making cool pancake shapes. We made all kinds of letters and I even pulled off some good looking christmas trees!  (HA! Take that William Sonoma catalog!)   Oliver had a blast with the creative-pancakes, and LOVED dunking them in syrup standing on his stool watching me work. 



No comments: