It was a happenin' day in our house today and all the boys were happy! Win!
The day started off with Alex trying solid food for the first time! He's been grabbing my fork when he sits on my lap at dinner, so we thought we'd start with Alex first. We struggled a bit when teaching Oliver to eat, so we had modest expectations today. Alex was immediately a pro! He didn't even make much of a mess since he was getting so much of the pears in his mouth, and when I got up to get him a bit more, he complained that I had stopped feeding him!
We found that when Oliver was this age, he was happiest in his highchair keeping an eye on what we are doing in the kitchen. We're so happy to put the babies' new highchairs to use. Here they are watching Adam make our tasty Rouladen Christmas dinner.
The babies have suddenly gotten very photogenic! Yeah! Perfect timing as I enter a slow time at work and will be working quite a bit from home these next few weeks.
Not sure what inspired me, but when I went to fish the highchair boxes out of the back room for garbage day, I became motivated to turn them into something for Oliver. We made a playhouse for him out of a cardboard box with Jana, and Oliver got so much use out of that. We have been reading this book where the main character, Oliver, creates a submarine, so I thought I would make Oliver a rocket ship. Amazing what you can do with a knife and some packing tape! On the picture to the right, you can see part of our steering wheel (white circle in the middle) - it was a must-have and very much a team effort to construct. We totally "Macguivered" it out of cardboard, an old glow stick and some tookpicks. I was so very proud of our inginuity! (he can turn/spin it)
| steering wheel heaven! |
No comments:
Post a Comment