On Saturday, Oliver, Alex & I met up with Tante Nicole and Devon at the Garden State Discovery Museum in Cherry Hill, NJ. The museum was fabulous - it was a smaller, low-budget version of the Please Touch Museum, but arguably more fun and a great price. There were lots of different play stations and I liked how close they were to one another, so as the boys grew disinterested and wanted to do different things, it was easy to keep tabs on everyone. We will definitely be back.
Oliver & I got there about 5min after they opened and we got to enjoy playing in quiet a few of the areas with little to no kids, which was a perfect way for Oliver to ease into things. He especially liked digging for bones (shovels!) in the Dino-room. In many of the areas, they had "just for crawlers" areas. Since Alex doesn't crawl much, he didn't really DO much of anything when I would take him out, but it was nice to give him some time out of the carrier.
We camped out in the construction zone where Oliver happily played while I fed Alex a bottle. I don't have photos from all of the play areas (carrying Alex, made photography challenging). By the time we got to the diner, it was getting crowded - parents sat out front and kids would pretend to take orders, and cook in the kitchen. Oliver spent most of his time on the kitchen phone taking orders! In addition to the ones below, there was also a TV station, basketball court, farmers market, enchanted castle, vet, and farm.
When Tante Nicole and Devon arrived, Oliver was super excited to show his younger cousin around. After checking out the turtles and playing on the boat (steering wheel!), we headed over the cars, where they would have spent the rest of the morning, if we had let them.
Oliver really loved the hockey rink, though it seemed like a pretty dangerous playarea (small kids and lots of hockey sticks, ie weapon,s didn't seem like the best idea to me). Nicole and I loved that they had an art station, but the boys had better things to do.
Never a good idea to wait until the end of an outing to try for a group shot - this was my best attempt!
No comments:
Post a Comment