Last Saturday, Oliver, Alex and I took a spontaneous daytrip to Ocean City, NJ with a new Junior League/mom friend of mine and her son (H), who is just a few weeks older than Alex/Lukas. Everyone had an absolute blast! The weather was perfect - low 60s and very sunny and the boardwalk was largely empty. We brought Oliver's bike and he happily rode around. The boys all had fun in the sand while the mommies got to chat. We also gorged ourselves on boardwalk treats -- pizza, funnel cakes, custard, and fudge - yum, yum!
I didn't grow up in a beach-family, so this was only the second time I have ever done an off-season beach outing. Based on our fabulous day, I would definitely consider doing this more often - it's an easy 75min drive from Philly and the boardwalk/beach is SO nice when you aren't dealing with crowds of people. Next time, I would bring the tricycle with two seats for Alex/Lukas.











No comments:
Post a Comment