Adam was able to score a last minute ticket to the Eagles/Dallas game on Sunday. Since the orchard was already halfway to my family in Jersey, we took two separate cars there and I continued north, while Adam returned home to enjoy some peace and quiet.
Sidenote: Adam had been stuck with the kids for a full Sunday, plus morning/bedtime routine on Mon-Wed while I was in Cali on a recent business trip. I enjoyed a lovely afternoon of San Diego weather, a crisp cold glass of white wine, while reading a library book that Sunday. It seemed only fair that he gets some kid-free time too.
After lunch, Opa gave tractor rides (waiting for Margit to give me photos of that), which only Alex enjoyed. And then everyone played soccer in the front yard. Well, Oliver, Opa, and Mommy played soccer while Lukas contently practiced getting off and on the front stoop and Mormor played photographer. The front yard was the perfect size for these three and the changing leaves and fall air were perfect!
There a foul here, or what?
After we had exhausted the grandparents, we packed up and went to my mom's. In the morning, we took them to the nearby playground. The babies (I really need to stop calling them that, they are almost 16mo old!) had so much fun running around the basketball court and playing with balls another family generously let us use. Oliver is quite the dribbler! Oliver became a master of the fireman pole and Lukas happily slid down the slide, while Ale wanted nothing more than to make a big mess in the mulch!
They were little exhausted terrors afterwards and my mom (lovingly) couldn't get rid of us fast enough. I enjoyed a delightfully peaceful ride back home!
![]() |
| Add caption |

No comments:
Post a Comment