Friday, October 25, 2013

Annual Apple Picking Adventure

Even though Ken and Lee Ann had taken the boys pumpkin picking, Adam and I ended up really wanting to do a family trip to the orchard.  What a difference a year makes!  (last year's post).  We've been to Linvilla so often in recent years, that we decided to go elsewhere.  We ended up at a small, quaint farm (you actually drove through a neighborhood to find the entrance) near New Hope.  It was a quick tractor ride to the apples and we were able to easily walk back.  The babies happily wandered around between the trees, pointing at all the apples, birds, airplanes they saw, while we alternated apple picking with Oliver. Well, to put it more accurately, Adam & I picked apples, while Oliver ate as many as he could get his hands on! 


Lots and lots of photos from our outing!!!!





We had a bit of an incident in the parking lot, which included Oliver falling off of  Adam's shoulders and getting a gash in his head -- that's why Kermie came along for the trip.  Note in the second picture (once we got to the orchard, Kermie was safely in Daddy's pocket!

 
These kids wanted to wander around - I think our days of using the Ergo baby carrier are going to be limited going forward, unless we are somewhere that requires a lot of walking/carrying.













Afterwards, we enjoyed some apple cider donuts and the kids played on the wooden tractor they had set up.  I attempted to get a nice photo of the kids and the family, but these were the best I got. Oliver was being a complete ham and in most of my photos, he is jumping around and blurry. We really don't have a nice current photo of everyone, and with each attempt, I get more worried what the results will be of our family photoshoot next month.



Everyone loved the donuts - Alex & Lukas were vultures, practically biting my fingers with each mouthful. They couldn't get enough, and FREAKED when we stopped feeding them.


going for the donut bag


No comments: