Not thinking clearly, I planned the boys' official family birthday party for the day following the campout, which meant another round of feeding a lot of people. What was I thinking!?!?! Fortunately, my family is pretty awesome and everyone chipped in to help set-up, bring stuff, prep food, clean-up, etc...
The Taco, Burrito, Quesadilla "bar" was a fabulous way to feed a crowd (thank you, Robin) and we happily ate the leftovers in a variety of ways for the following week. We never did make it to the pool this year, like we did last year, but the kids happily played with water guns and the little splash pool we had set up and the adults were content around the picnic tables.
Just to further illustrate how crazy I am.... also on this weekend (Saturday morning), was the big container gardening workshop I had orchestrated for the Junior League. We helped over 70 members of a low-income neighborhood assemble and plant their own herb gardens, including over 50 tomato/pepper plants and over 250 herbs. We also gave instruction on how to care and harvest the plants, provided information cards for each of the plants and sent everyone home with lots of healthy recipes, so they would know how to incorporate these fresh ingredients into their diets. We would have liked better turnout (next time!), but everyone that participated really seemed to get a lot out of the event.
So, in the week leading up to the boys' party, I was also, selecting herbs from a wholesaler in Lancaster, coordinating volunteers, and making multiple runs to Kinkos. Good thing it was a slow week work-wise, or I would have really been in trouble!

No comments:
Post a Comment