Halloween came the day after our big move, which was less than ideal. We had dropped all three kids off at the back-up daycare facility (where Oliver used to go to preschool a year ago) in the morning so we could finish moving/unpacking. None of them were very happy with that plan, as measured by the howls and tears when I dropped them off. I was more than a little worried about how our Halloween evening would go, since they are usually pretty exhausted after a full day of daycare. We picked them up that afternoon and went directly to our old neighborhood to trick-or-treat with our friends as we have done the past two years. Everyone rallied more than I had expected and we wisely called it a night while everyone was happy and upbeat (pre-sugar meltdown).
Before heading out to trick-or-treat, we had pizza dinner with the Huezos. The twins had a dinner of candy corns. We went to a small block party in the neighborhood before trick-or-treating around one of the ritzier blocks near Rittenhouse Park.
Lukas was having no part in wearing a costume. He hadn't worn it the day I let the boys play in them when I first bought them (around Labor Day) and they told me at daycare that he wouldn't wear it during the Halloween parade that morning, so expectations were low. Lukas was in his costume all of 90 seconds, which includes about 60 seconds of me fighing to get it onto his head and 30seconds of us trying to get a photo of him in it. This is the best we got. So it goes -- not remotely worth the fight. Wise to his limitations, I'll be on a mission for a less costume-like costume for him to wear next year.
Alex kept pointing to me and calling me "Snowman". The hat on my "Wanda costume (aka Where's Waldo) had him convinced... it was super cute. How many years in a row do you think we will have an au pair that fits into this BatGirl costume??? :-)
Though not as popular as Elsa (one of the characters from the Frozen movie) we saw a lot of Buzz Lightyears while out! Check out the buzz with a snazzy helmet we came across.
Lots and lots of candy for everyone!










No comments:
Post a Comment