Lil' Man is officially eating solid food now - Thanks to Jana. We started trying a week ago, over the long weekend so Adam & I would do the heavy lifting. He was generally uninterested in eating and we thought we would have to give in a couple of days and try again. By Tuesday, Jana had him eating like a pro. We couldn't believe it when she showed us the lunchtime video she had made (its boring if it isn't YOUR kid eating, so I'm not going to post).
I've made a few fruit & veggie purees with my organic co-op food and am hopeful I can keep that up for awhile. We started with store-bought pears, but am hopeful we will use jarred food only as back-up (traveling, etc). I really like the baby cookbook I've been using. I don't know that Lil Man will be eating a goat cheese risotto anytime soon, but the book has been very helpful. It's easy to make food in batches and freeze it - you just steam/roast the veggies/fruit and puree them in the food processor, then freeze. We'll see if I'm singing another tune when he's eating three meals a day - right now he's just getting solid foods once a day. So far, he's had homemade apples and squash and I've also made some sweet potatoes. We'll be introducing bananas, avocado, & peas next.

No comments:
Post a Comment