This year, I was the one in charge of the birthday festivities. Adam and our au pairs have handled it the past two years. We kept the party low key with just close family in attendance. We had kicked around the idea of a party at a venue, but Oliver wanted to have it at home. We let him pick between a construction/truck and fire engine theme, and then when crazy on Etsy. Oliver's large fire engine made a perfect decoration, and by having it up high, eliminated a potential fight over who would get to play with it.
With two Grandma/Omi's in attendance, the babies could be spoiled rotten and Adam and I didn't need to worry about bottles or feedings. It was certainly nice having lots of family around to hand off the babies to when I needed to do something.
I was there too!
Alex playing with Uncle Scott.
Doesn't it seem as if Devon is my son the way he's in this picture? Pretty funny! As if we need a FOUTH kid!
All the cousins wanted to help open presents, and Oliver was unusually good-natured about all the "help". We tried to hold off on what I thought would be the favorite present until last, but Oliver surprised us. The favorite-present-prize went to Opa for the fishing rod, surprisingly, and not Devib and Preston for the Woody & Buzz Lightyear dolls. Though, the Toy Story characters are beloved and carried throughout the house all day.
I was particularly proud of the party favors, which included "fire chief" iron-on shirts, and homemade chocolate fire engine/hydrant lollipops (which I will NEVER make again) - I tried very hard to avoid too much "plastic crap" and candy. But, it was A LOT of work, and I have no intentions to repeat these efforts (someone remind me that I said that next year!).
No comments:
Post a Comment