Pauline has been on a two week vacation and I relocated with the boys to the bungalow for 11 days to spend time with my family, who were graciously stepping in to lend a hand. We all really enjoyed the extended stay and having the club pretty much to ourselves. At the same time, it was a bit sad to realize that the hustle and bustle of the SSC that existed when I was growing up spending summers there is gone. We pretty much had the place to ourself all midweek.
On the first weekend, Scott & Jenn came up with Remi to spend the weekend with us. The cousins had so much fun together and we look forward to them coming up for future trips.
{Missing photo to come}
From Sunday night until Wednesday, my mom was on hand to help out with the boys. She was able to stay in her cousin's bungalow, just next door, which is a happy coincidence. It was the perfect set-up. She could be around during the day, but once the babies were down, she could retreat to her own quarters for a little peace of quiet and I got my 30min of internet time. She wasn't disturbed for the middle of the night feeding, and didn't have to get up with us at the crackity-crack of dawn.
| Can you see the red bungalow through the woods? |
I did better than I thought I could handling the nights & early mornings solo. There was only one night where the babies had two feedings and Nicole happen to be over that night and did one of the feedings with me. The photo below is what mornings in the bungalow looked like. Oliver & I are watching the Bee Movie while I feed the babies. (File this under the category of things I would never do as a parent... Oliver watched the Bee Movie EVERY day!)
The weather on Monday and Tuesday wasn't so great. After a Monday afternoon thunderstorm, we went for a puddle-splashing walk. Oliver was in heaven.
![]() |
| "helping" da brothers splash too! |
Nicole had off from work this week as well, since Devon's daycare was closed, so they were around too on Tuesday & Wednesday. On Tuesday night, we had special treats in store for the boys. After dinner, we went down to the field, had ice pops, played soccer and then lit sparklers. Wednesday morning, Omi took the boys, still in their Pjs, down to play. On Wednesday, Nicole & I even managed to hit some tennis balls! Devon decided to streak! It was pretty hilarious. When he was paying attention, Oliver was pretty good at hitting the ball. Unfortunately, he was VERY easily distracted.
Oliver was such a happy kid at the club! I really hope we can arrange it so that future au pairs take their vacation during a time where we can once again spend a full week up at the SSC. The lil' boys did pretty well too!








No comments:
Post a Comment